4.27.2010

Lucille's Life

I was fortunate to go to an auction on Saturday.
I was able to pick up a few treasures to remember Aunt Lucille.
She was not my aunt, she was my dad's aunt, but even so she seemed closer than that.
Lucille was a lady with treasures galore,
items from a life (99 years) spent on a small farm place.
As family memebers and strangers gathered it was fun to imagine life at that farm house,
where she might have worn this broch
or these necklaces
Really, I know.  Along with some beautiful jewerly was her collection of hats
suitable for the small Catholic church in Whitfield, IN.
I wonder if she filled these jars with candy.
I think they are perfect for my pharmacy collection.
and there is a beautiful black pedestal table, that I am saving for a bigger post.
But my favorite find of the day was these
Some of her flowers, perhaps her greatest Earthly treasure.
Just waiting to be planted.
I will be glad to have an everlasting reminder of Lucille each spring.