4.08.2010

Hand-me-downs

This morning with one kid at preschool and my other a constant helper no matter the task,
I worked on bringing out the hand-me-downs.
Of course, this was to be quick and efficient task.
And then the memories started to flow and I remembered how I bought this shirt for Sam during our last minute prep to leave for Guatemala.
Once there it was so perfect with his gorgeous skin, he wore it to Embassy

and then there was this red shirt that my friend Hanna bought for Sam
as we talked of how our kids would grow up together!

and I remembered that Sam wore this as we came of the plane from Guatemala
the place where he met our families

and then I saw this shirt, really couldn't decide if it would fit Joe this summer
{might still be too big}

and remembered Sam waddleing towards me on a boardwalk in Destin Florida
just 1 month after he took his first steps
and how much it meant when I found this shirt
Made in Guatemala

and how cute my Guatelaman man looked in it!

and my heart melted as I saw these, the first and only shoes that we could
find to fit Sam's chubby feet
and loved that Joe wanted to wear them today.
They fit perfect on his 31 month old feet

I am excited to see Joe wear these clothes.
To make memories to last just like we did with Sam.
I get a little giddy each time I see Joe trotting around in something I remember Sam wearing.
As I packed up the items that Joe has grown out of (yes, there are some!)
I am sad that I will not be able to relive these memories once again.
But, we are sharing them with a sweet friend at church and I will smile as I see him wearing them.
And I tucked away a few extra items of Joe's in the cedar chest!