4.01.2010

Spring Break 2010

No matter what happens, travel gives you a story to tell.
It has been a long time since I have taken a Spring Break Trip.
High School, I think.
It was a lot of fun.  Fun because it was shared with family and friends.
Friends that made me laugh out loud, a lot.
Family who delighted in seeing the ocean for the first time.
More family I had not seen in years
And even more family that I just plain love with all my heart.
I loved everything about this trip.
Enjoy with me...
As soon as we arrived, we could not resist...
because we had spent a long time doing this

We barely took time to unpack

because I wanted my boys to meet my aunt Pam and Cousin Dayle
who drove from Charlotte NC to meet us for the weekend.

It was fun seeing this boy smile as his toes hit the sand
and fun to watch this boy giggle as the sand shifted from shovel to bucket
and breathtaking when I saw this...
but none of that compared to watching my Aunt see the ocean for the first time
{tears in my eyes now, blot blot}

we spent a lot of time in the pool
huge thanks to my nieces and nephews who played with our kids
endlessly, truely enjoying themselves
We had 1.5 days warm enough to sun ourselves.
But Joe preferred being with this guy
Thanks Scott

We enjoyed a night out at Seafood buffet.


Then it was back to Ocean Reef for more family fun!
We feed the attack seagulls. Yikes.  That is all I have to say about that.
Our budding photographer Morgan loved capturing Aunt Polly's feet in the ocean for the first time.

And the kids delighted right along with her!
We tried to get a job at Fudruckers where they have the best buns in town.


We spent our last night at Boardwalk at the Beach for tons of fun, Planet Hollywood, rides,
Build a Bear, Kiss Coffehouse, Its sweet, Jeff Foxworthy store.
Seriously, we wanted to grab a bite to eat and head back to pack.  I packed the last suitcase into the van at 11:45p, woke up at 5 am for an adventure filled trip home!
Spring Break 2010...such a story to tell!