3.25.2010

Spare Change

I love finding opportunites to teach in our everyday lives.
I think I should stop more often and do so.
Today we turned our spare change into cash for vacation.
The boys have worked hard saving their change.

With just enough time before picking up Morgan for a pedicure (loved it!!), we dashed to the bank.

I explained to the boys that the teller would take our change and give us dollars.
I feared Joe might break down when his change didn't return.
We are so lucky to know our friendly bank folks at German American...
and they invited us back to the change machine.

Watching it get sorted.
$62.12
Wow!
Our friend Judy separated the money into equal amounts for each boy.
The $.12 cents went over this railing and into the fountain below.
Sam's next question was...mama do you think these dollars will float.
{Yikes, No, Sam, don't throw those over the railing.}

I know they don't really understand the full concept of money yet.  But,
I would like to teach them to be wise stewards of their money.