3.13.2010

I heart projects

And this bathroom project is among my fav yet!
DH made me some shelves to display my pharmacy bottles on.
This collection is special to me.
Most pieces are from the ol' Walker's drug store in Loogootee.
It went out of business while I was in college.
{I worked nights and every weekend at the time.
I knew months in advance that an auction of their items was going to take place. 
I asked off work, but was denied coverage.
Thanks to the cruddy chain pharmacy.
I committed my 1st and only offense at calling into work without being sick.
I went to the auction and have never regreted that decision.}
Before:

oops a little incorrect measurment lead to some last minute adjustments
and a peak out front door from boys in their jammies

spray paint is the best

After:
I love the way it turned out. I was albe to use some of my mom's tins from her collection, some Williams Dairy (Loogootee, IN) maik bottles, sand in bottles from beach trips, magnifying glass is my Grandpa Summers.
And I am still working on the finishing touches.
Can anyone guess what it is?

Oh and don't hold your breath, I might not reveal for a while.
I heart projects.  Poor DH.