3.24.2010

Vacation Tshirts...

So, I set out to find some super Spring Break shirts.
Just for fun.
Well, just for fun to me didn't mean $25-$30/piece.
That is all the internet had to offer, so I decided I could create some.
That might have been a little too lofty a goal for measly ol' me.
But, I didn't realize that until well, you know how that goes...

Kia and ML are so super excited about this vaca.
Kia and I work for the same company but different locations (boo),
she sends emails and faxes daily to update about
how long until we leave.
She also tells alllllllllll coworkers about it.
ML calls, too, so excited they are.
It is contagious, so I thought they would love shirts that we could all wear together.
And since they love me, they would be forgiving at my 1st attempt at wonder under.

I made these shirts for Kia and I...
the inspiration was this material that is bought in scrap packs at Walmart...


Cut into strips and on the wonder under, ready to be cut out and ironed on shirts...

Sam's shirt

ML's shirt
and my attempt at the instructions, remember it was late



I cut my templates free hand from card stock, then traced them onto the material.
Adhere the material to wonder under with iron

That shiny stuff is how it should look.
If iron is too hot, or not hot enough the adhesive doesn't all come off...

Iron onto shirt.  This is where I learned about the image reversing,
but it didn't matter with Joe's shirt, so I went with it.
And voila...

DH thought this was 3 sharks, I could see that.
I meant it to be waves, anyway same concept, right!!
I got this idea from this catalog I got in the mail.
Their $18 price looked high, but I am reconsidering...
especially after I washed and dryed them to test them out.
I had some repairs to do...
All in a day's night's work...

Really looking forward to this vaca...only 2 days away!