3.07.2010

Brown Stuff

Oh, Joe.
Yucky.
Yesterday you made a mess that I'd rather forget.
On second thought, there will be a time when I long for you to need me,
a time when this time will make DH & I laugh out loud.
I arrived home from work yesterday to my niece resting on the couch,
DH in the shower getting ready for our date night,
boys sleeping after a fun morning at the farm.
Perfect. 
You know, that I could quickly get ready and we could head out
before the boys expressed their disproval at our decision to leave them. 
Well, soon son #1 emerged and mama spent some time with him,
chatted with Blake.
Then, daddy emerges with son #2...with a snicker he says,
sorry babe, you are gonna have fun cleaning the brown stuff off of Joe's floor. 
Brown stuff?  Yes, I think it was from my boots.
Hmmm. Mama thinks as she says to DH,
did you change Joe's pants?
No.
Hmmm. Mama thinks as she says,
might want to check his pants.
DH (with face wrinkled) confims
that Joe has on new pants, no underwear, and a dirty bottom.
Off to the bathtub for Joe.  Off the the brown stuff for mom.

As best we can figure, DH laid Joe down for his nap, he fussed a little but quieted quickly.
Somewhere in the mix, Joe messed his pants and tried to fix it best he knew how.  Bless his sweet heart.
He put on new pants and went back to sleep.  I found the dirty pants (underwear and socks,too)in the laundry basket along with several smears of brown stuff in the carpet. 

I love his independence, such a sharp contrast to his older brother.  And while a simple cry for help would have saved a mess, it would not have been near as memorable.

We headed out one hour later, glad to be on our date, and left Blake (relieved, I might add, that all this occured while we were still home) to have a fun evening with the boys.
And that is what they did!