8.21.2016

Sam approved Craft

FINALLY
a craft my big boy enjoyed!
He has outgrown my craft talent.  I +think+ I could still hang with a girl,
but pre teen boys are tough in the craft area!

He came home from school saying he could decorate his locker,
only Golden State would do.

He need magnets of course.
Amazon had them - a sheet for $15.95.
And really, it was not about the money, but more the time.

The end result, I was showing him they would stick...he wasn't sure
until he tried them on his actual locker, report that afternoon was thumbs up.

I brought these "headed to the recycle/trash" magnets sheets home
from work a couple years ago...paired with some modge podge
and images printed out from the internet -we were set.

Sam set out to cutting
and mama could not leave big Joe out, he asked for a
Loogootee Lions magnet.
Modge Podge is the best, very forgiving.
No perfection needed!
Joe finished early so he drew the Lion mascot freehand, turned out great.
It is headed for a frame in this house.

A bit later our magnets had dried, a quick trim was needed


And mama helped cut out these small gems.
He loves them. They are perfect in my locker mom, he said!
Money saved, but moreover time well spent,
and giving a little extra confidence for a successful project.

That L magnet for our favorite school isn't half bad, either!