8.28.2016

Indy Weekend:Monument Circle

Friends offered us their tickets to a preseason game for the Indianapolis Colts!
Mama knew weekend to spend with family
(no matter what the event)
was a yes, please, moment!

I have always wanted to stay on Monument Circle,
a bucket list item for me.
I'm not sure why.
The romance, I suppose.
Overlooking the historic monument, downtown, brick roads,
horsedrawn carriage, city lights, hotel linens.
So, I pricedlined us a great spot at the Sheraton,
which just happened to have a Starbucks!!

The view from our room did not disappoint!
I just stood there taking it all in.
The boys quickly spotted the pool
and I noticed it overlooked the circle, too


A perfect afternoon.
Sun was warm but not too hot.



So, I indulged on a javachip frapachino 
and {inadvertently} changed my phone to black and white - 
sun was pretty bright, didn't realized it, ha!

We crashed the apparent party pool with the family vibe.
There were no less than 3 bachelor/ette parties soaking up the
 sun with a little pre party action.
We could not hang long, boys didn't even notice
and their music was fun!





Shortly after our swim, we headed to explore the history around the monument
and trek to the top.
Now, I had read all about it, but we learned much more.
It was well worth the $2 each to ride instead of walking the 330 stairs.
However, we were stranded at the top and walked down anyway!!! Ha.
The story goes like this....about the time we took this picture,
I said it looks like a storm is coming, but the radar didn't agree - so
we forged on explored around the bottom, read about the monument
and made our way to the entrance.





These boys enjoy history and Joe thought it was interesting that a battle occurred here.

Looking down at the capital
I love our country life, but I admit there is just something about the city.
We found the tiny elevator to the top
We were enjoying the top - with SEVERAL other folks

And then we turned the corner to see Lucas Oil {and the storm}

There is that pool we swam in at the Sheraton, our room is somewhere on the 15 floor!
About this time "everyone" decided to go down at the same time
and the line for the elevator was long taking only a very few down at a time
in a claustrophobic stairway with no airflow
and a lady who announced she might be sick soon...ugh.
So to the stairs we headed!!
We made it to the bottom in good time but it was still raining!
DH took some pics of Joe with civil war stuff - 

The rain let up for a bit and dashed a couple blocks
towards the restuarants, decided on PF Changs, Sam liked the horse.
It was first for Sam, Joe and I. Yum.
We had some time to kill and at the point we tried the zero gravity massage chairs at
Brookstone...we about cancelled the Colts game.
These things were the bomb!


I personally like the kinetic sand!


We headed to the Colts game - up next!