8.09.2010

I made the cake!

Yep, with some help from my sweet boys
I did make the cake for Joe's Crocodile Party!
If you remember I got some confidence from this venture
and passing the bakery and realizing that
I could always pick up a last minute cake if needed!
We started here
A bundt cake and 6 cupcakes that were baked on Tuesday
and frozen until time to ice on Thurday.
Oh, make that 4 cupcakes frozen. 
Since I had 2 sweeties helping...2 cupcakes went missing early on!
I cut the bundt cake into 3 sections and placed them like a snake
and cut the 9x13 into the shape of a crocodile snout.
I shaped the 4 remaining cupcakes to be the feet.
I snapped this picture to remind me that it wasn't always good
and some doubts were cropping up (and to prove that you can do it too!)
But we kept working,
30 fingers covered in green icing,
20 fingers lost interest along the way,
so when I called them over for the final reveal, they were excited!
And I sent a picture to DH who thought it looked really good.
But he wondered why the head was so big.
And all I could do was LOL
It is a really big head?!?
And it was really worth it when I got these 2 pics...