8.09.2010

Project Success

We've still been keeping up the projects and crafts.
Just fewer during the fun summer months.
At work last week, we upacked a lift chair and I couldn't resist the large box.
So the boys helped me paint a croc shack for Joe's party.
I didn't get a great picture of it, but it provided a great spot for the crocodiles to hang out.
And a great spot for my brother Scott to crawl into at the end of the party and
grab little boys legs.  They squealed with delight.
And the green poofs, instant party pizazz.  Have you made one?
Tissue paper, pipe cleaner or twisty ties, and some string. Love them!
We made homemade binoculars for camping.  Toilet paper rolls and finger paint.
Fastened with duct tape.
And this trusty pool toy chest.
It was left by the previous owners.
It is functional but had seen better days...
so out came the paint

Now onto that side table you see, a rainy day project!

And then there were these sweet hand flowers.
Sam and Joe.

But don't let your 4 year old cut them out unsupervised.
You might have to start over.
Tee Hee
Some straws, pipe cleaners and leaves.
Twist flowers around straw and secure with tape
Pipe cleaners tucked into the top of the straw

And a just me project.
Dollar store canvas finds.  I bought all of them.
And my treasured pharmacy labels from an auction years ago.
They were tucked in a box. 
I have thought {off and on, not obsessed}for years about what to do with them.
I even toyed with making a room border out of them {when that was in style}
But this solution was great.  Perfect for the space.
I even found and old Rx pad that was from Williams Drug Store,
that is the company I work for now.  Favorite find in the pile.
And a letter from the State Board directing pharmacy to omit Rx sales tax.
We still don't charge sales tax today.
Arranging and pasting as many as I could fit.
And lots of modge podge.
The finished project
Which reminded me that I hung this saying and the rack by myself.
I know it is off center, but it is on a stud.  I just had to go with it...
And the curtain the my mother in law made me.
And the shelf that my brother in law made years ago.
And now the laundry room is looking good!
{oh yeah, the piles of laundry are tucked neatly into the closet waiting the fill this room}