7.14.2011

Family Roofing Job

Uncle Carl's house needed a new roof.
This is my grandparents home
and even though they are gone my uncle
and two of my aunts call it home
and it is an important gathering spot for our family.
So the family pitched in...and roofed in 1.5 days.
My brother Scott and nephew Cole and my uncle John
ripped all the old roof off on Friday


working late unto the night when
some of the other crew arrived...
more cousins, inlaws and outlaws!



My brother Will.
It's nice to have a family so handy.


DH helped too.
I made a taco salad and we enjoyed lunch together, the work was
almost complete by then!
It is heartwarming, reassuring to know that my kids
are playing with my cousins' kids.
I love that they know each other
(both sides for that matter)

Joe, Landrey, Ella...the 4 year old Walker cousins plus miss Ava (below).


And I love that after the slip n slide when the pants are drying
you can just go on about your business



Miss Ava and Mr Ryder.