7.18.2011

Quick Bedroom Update!

I took some time to add to the pretty pillow and complete a quick update
of our bedroom...and it feels more complete, for now.
Unless of course we would actually buy furniture for this room.Ha!
The corner of our bedroom generally looks like this because
DH does not like decorative pillows.  He throws them
far from the bed and refuses to add them back when the time comes.
I make the bed, only to find them tossed to the side...
and a couple of items were waiting to be hung up too!


So I settled on one pretty pillow and some **happy** on the wall.


The so super simple fabric rosettes.
The picture is a frame we had on hand and just needed an update,
the scale was perfect so I covered it with material, then added some
interest!


A quick google of 'G' fonts lead me to the perfect one...right up in the corner...


I had this foam insert laying around so I freehanded the G


Cut it out with a knife and then trimmed it up



And little spray paint and hot glue later...voila!


Before...


And after!


The best part?  Last night we were snuggling in bed with Sam and he said,
did you know that there is a 5 on your wall? And I looked up and sure enough!  An upside down g sure looks like a 5, especially to a 5 year old!
So until we decide to replace that **crib, yep** headboard and buy our own
furniture, we are done!