5.12.2013

A Mother in His Kingdom...


I have to admit that Mother's Day brings mixed feelings for me.
I don't feel like I was able to tell my mom how much I appreciated
all the things she did for me, all the things I didn't realize until I was
a mom myself. There is so much to celebrate on Mother's Day, though.
My boys and the fact that they made me a mama after a long wait, and their birthmothers.
DH's mom, she is so wonderful, what a cherished role model for me.
All my aunts (who have celebrated my and my cousins lives and our kids lives
right along with us) and my 3 sister in laws (love them) and my friends
are who experiencing this joy of motherhood along side me.
 
I wasn't feeling like much of a stellar mom this morning.
There were dishes undone and things strewn about from a full weekend.
Pastor Ed preached on this, about letting it just be, let the toys be on the floor.
 
Then I got a text from a friend, the surprise kinda text.
She said that she knew I had made a difference in God's Kingdom
with my boys. {Insert tears}
It was just what I needed to hear, thank you friend.
 
God chose me to be a mother to these boys.
Only he could have known the right mom for Sam and for Joe!
My, how I love these boys.
I am so thankful to be a Mother in His Kingdom.
 
 
 
These treasures were on the table for me after work on Friday.

 
Why yes Sam I (will be) 37 in a few months, thanks for reminding me {wink}



 
And I don't like pics of myself but it is special because
Joe knows the key to my heart.  He made me a necklace.
He asked me to wear it and wanted to take my picture.
It is a cross glued to a rather big piece of paper and it says mom  :)
I'm kinda proud.

Pin It