7.05.2019

Sunday Memories

Asked for a photo of the boys since they were dressed nice this Sunday.

June 30, 2019



Church holds a super special place for our family.
It's a central part of us and beginning our weeks
at Berea helps us to refocus for the days ahead in the week!

Right now, I receive at least 1 church bulletin boat per week, courtesy of Joe.
This week I received 2.
  We must have DuoMint fruit flavored mints of which we need 3-4 per week, favorite of Dan and Sam.



And it never ceases to amaze me how God finds a way straight to my heart
 with his message.  There is something that reaches each person if they are open to receive.
This song has brought up much discussion on our rides together listening to The Message station.


Red Letters by Crowder
There I was on death row
Guilty in the first degree
Son of God hanging on a hill
Hell was my destiny
The crowd was shouting crucify
Could've come from these lips of mine
The dirty shame was killing me
It would take a miracle to wash me clean
Then I read the red letters
And the ground began to shake
The prison walls started falling
And I became a free man that day
Felt like lightning hit my veins
My dead heart began to beat
Breath of God filled my lungs
And the Holy Ghost awakened me
Yeah, the Holy Ghost awakened me
When I read the red letters
And the ground began to shake
The prison walls started falling
And I became a free man that day
For God so loved the whole wide world
Sent His only Son to die for me
Arms spread wide for the whole wide world
His arms spread wide where mine should be
Jesus changed my destiny
Thank You, God, for red letters
When the ground began to shake
The grace of God started falling
And I became a free man that day
The prison walls started falling
And I am a free man today
And then it clicked for certain when we were reading scripture
with the boys in church when they saw the literal Red Letters.
And this verse says it all - His power is made perfect in our weakness.
Period.
If we always had it all together,
how would He show us the magnitude of His greatness?
I am so very thankful for Red Letters in my bible.
And Sunday messages that bring those Red Letters before my eyes.


And while we are talking about church, let's talk about Cochran and Co.'s song....

Church, Take Me Back - Cochran and Co.

There was a time that I swore I would never go back
I was blind to the truth, didn't know what I had
I was running, I was searching, but every place I turned for healing left me more broken than the last

Take me back to the place that feels like home
To the people I can depend on
To the faith that's in my bones
Take me back to a preacher and a verse
Where they've seen me at my worst
To the love I had at first
Oh I want to go to church

Tried to walk on my own
But I wound up lost 
Now I'm making my way to the foot of the cross
It's not a trophy for the winners, it's a shelter for the sinners
And it's right where I belong

Oh, more than an obligation 
It's our foundation
The family of God
I know it's hard, but we need each other
We're sisters and brothers 
Oh, take me back

To the place that feels like home
to the people I can depend on
To the faith that's in my bones
Take me back to a preacher and a verse
Where they've seen me at my worst 
To the love I had at first 
Oh I want to go to church 
Oh I want to go to go
I want to to, I want to go
Yeah I want to go to church
Oh I want to go to church

It should really be this way, no matter where a person is in their walk.  
To the Place that Feels Like Home <3 p="">