9.11.2009

Joe's Wee Walker

Remember I mentioned Joe pulled the barstool down on top of him as I stood right next to this and grabbed and reached and it all seemed like it was happening in slow motion.....
Well, that turned into this.
Shortly after it happened, we cuddled and hugged and dried the tears to which Joe wanted a kiss on his foot.
His foot?
What about his head that hit the wood floor?
Went to pick up Sam, ate lunch and went to work for the rest of the day-not realzing that I had carried Joe the whole way...
20 min after getting back to work - Grandma called and Joe wouldn't walk on his foot.
Called my brother - oh so handy to have an orthopedic NP in the family...
So, he took a look. Torqued and Turned to no reaction from Joe. Went thru Wednesday and Joe still wouldn't walk on his foot, so went down 1st thing yesterday morning - 4 xrays later, still nothing. And we are thankful.
Thankful for no broken bones and a uncle who took such good care of us.
And gave us a wee-walker boot, yeah, my 2 year old loved that...

He screamed all the way to McD where I thought I might bribe him with yummy breakfast or even the video games. Nope, he was not to be distracted by this thing on this foot - and all the other patrons knew it.
So, I gave in, thought we would try later. And here is the happy boy with his shoe back...
The day went on, a big day at that. A post for later.
And the little stinker finally hobbled on his foot,but refuses to come near the boot.
Poor guy:{