9.12.2009

A Place to Park

I have never been so excited about a completed project.
I have a place to park.
A place that when I pull in doesn't make me cringe with disgust
or wonder what lies behind the stuff piled on the floor.
Welcome to My garage!

And just so you can understand where I am coming from,
a before picture
{and this is after we hauled a truckload to the dump}
We had so much help.
The kind of {help} you get from kids
and
the kind of {help} you get from your parents - thanks grandma and papaw.

Trying out the new rack as bunk beds
I {love} it. A place for everything.
A very special addition for DH. I made him a place for a treasured keepsake.
What is it you ask? Any guesses???
It is his first finished roll of tape from his adding machine at his first job.
Corny I know, but he is really good at details, this just proves it.
And a special place for his fishing gear.
I like this rod & reel. I might have to test drive it.
{Wonder} what a mess I could make of it?
All the cabinets look like this and
I know what and where every single item in this garage is...
today
And I did all the decorating while DH put the boys down for a nap.
What a great place to pull into after a long day at work-
a place I am finally proud to call my garage!