10.04.2011

We're going thru some big adjustments...

Seriously, I thought I was ready for this school thing.
We did all the right preparations.
I anticipated the new routine, made the proper adjustments to move our bedtime back
so that getting out the door on time would be a snap.
Researched the best backpacks to last a couple of years.
Reviewed letters, numbers, shapes, colors...
Prepared Sam by talking over details, but not too much.
Talked toilet habits
Eating on his own.
Bus rides, car rider lines.
New teachers, new fun ideas to learn.

But, in all honesty, we are in the midst of a huge adjustment here.
I didn't expect it to totally run our lives. And he is only in kindergarten...
Don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely consumed but I am exhausted at the end of the day!

It is all new for our family.  The time between when I get off work and the
boys go to bed leaves very little precious time to bond with my sweeties.
It's is clear from the number of Sept blog posts that I have been
a little overwhelmed with life's busyness lately.
That's not generally my style, so bear with me as I attempt to get
a grip on all of this!
I'm treading in unfamiliar waters here.  I'm stumbling...but there is comfort from the LORD!

“The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they may stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.” Psalm 37:23-24

Isn't it so reassuring that HE delights in every detail of our lives.  Every detail, like today when Sam got a card pulled for subpar behavior.  He was distraught, poor guy...but how do we make sure it doesn't happen again?  We talked it over, he was still upset, but as we settled in to bed tonight, Sam said, "Can you pray that I won't have a card pulled tomorrow?".  As I prayed, I peeked a look and saw his face relax.  It is so important to teach our kids to hand these situations over to God,  he does delight in those details!