1.12.2013

We made Magic Mud!


This was a big hit.  I love teaching bits of science to my boys, might be the science nerd in me, ha!

Here are the instructions taken from pinterest...

Magic Mud!...This stuff is amazing. Mix 2 cups of cornstarch and 1 cup water in a bowl. To color it, add a few drops of food coloring to the water before adding to the cornstarch. Takes some effort to mix the water and cornstarch. This defies Newton’s third law of motion–for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. If you quickly smack it with your hand it immediately turns into a solid, instead of splashing or moving. If you slowly move it reacts like a liquid....

I think I used more like 1.5 cups of cornstarch, but you'll get it just experiment~



I added the food coloring to the water so the boys could see it mixing together.


It was so fun that DH had to come check it out with us.
We all had to try it out.  If you just smack it, it wiggles but if you dip slowly it makes a slimy cool goop.