6.28.2014

The Perfect Barn Door

I'm pretty sure that I am a lucky gal.
When these two get together they can create some pretty perfect stuff.
Today some time after 2 and before 6 they did this.
The crops are in the field so they took a moment to put together the barn door.
I LOVE IT, seriously.  I pinned about 300 ideas on pinterest, but this one is perfect.
I showed them some pics (that I am sure they just looked at to appease me)
 and picked out the wood pieces  but the design was all theirs!
The best part for me is that the wood came from
the family farm ground.
This shed has been falling down for years
and made the perfect barn wood for our basement trim
and the barn door.



I didn't realize the process it would take to use it for the basement
but it the end result is so worth it.
It was put thru a planer to make it piece closer to the same depth
then it was sanded (some but not too much)
the cut to right height for trim
then stained
then put in place and cut to right length.
The best board (with the most character that were still straight after all these years)
were saved for the barn door.






I did this part.  A lot 


It turned out perfect for us!


And I was SO excited for the door to be done, but know what?
It hides the storage room that is a WRECK.
Now the door is done and I need to do my part to clean it up!!!


Pin It