6.13.2019

Getting Passports


We are headed to the NorthWest again this summer on a fun adventure with our friends.
This time we are staying at their home and an island around the Bellingham Bay - we are super excited.  Their home is not far south of the Canadian border so we are hoping there may be a trip there, too.  That means we all need passports!
I'm not sure why I had let our expire?
We've had a lot of fun adventures, just not international yet!

For some reason, this was stressful for me. Insert weird emoji face.
And I had put it off too long.
But, we had our appointment (for the boys, we were able to mail adult renewals) in early May -
and now we wait.  We are hoping they come before our late July departure!


I'm telling you what, looking at these old passport stamps we collected on our trips
to Guatemala sure brought back a lot of memories.
Memories our hope and dreams and fear but a whole lot of faith on our Lord and Savior!

Sam's second passport had expired it was issued in the US, look at his sweet face!

But take a look at this scrumptious picture!  This was taken at the Guatemalan embassy
and he had been forever ours for 3 days.  



And our sweet baby Joe - same here taken at embassy in Guatemala - those lips!


Update: I drafted this posted long ago and then summer has come in full swing!  I've checked the status of our passports and Sam and Joe's are in route!  I had an rationally irrational (it's a term that I think fits where international adoption is concerned) fear of getting their passports on time so this is a giant relief!  Now, I mailed Dan and I's separate and 2 weeks before theirs and they are still processing- that makes no sense?!?