11.04.2008

I support National Adoption Month

I was reminded yesterday that November is National Adoption Month. My good friend K.A. (who is patiently awaiting their families referral of a baby from Ethopia-we are praying for you!!!)emailed that her agency has challenged them to spread the news of adoption. What a great challenge - this spoke to me as well, where would my life be without adoption.

Where my heart is so full of joy, it could be so empty.
Where my mind wondered what if, it is at peace.
Where my time was so plentiful, I wonder where it has gone!
I love where adoption has taken my life...


James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans...in their distress

Did you know that in the US alone there are 127,000 kids that go to sleep at night dreaming of the day when they are adopted. They simply crave a home where Mom and Dad tuck them into bed at night and where hugs and laughter and acceptance abound. And did you know that there are over 300,000 churchs across this country - this means that there is less than one child for every two churches. One of the best way God's people can demonstrate Christ's love is by adoption these children. I really don't think adoption is for every family, but I throw this out there so that if you have the opportunity to even support an adoption (through another family) that you embrace it! Wanna hear more...I found this information through Focus on the Family at
icareaboutorphans.org