11.13.2008

Mountain O' Socks

We did it...we tackled the socks! You know the socks that never get matched after they go 'missing' in laundry. Everybody has a pile, the biggest one I know of is my friend Hanna's. They actually have movie and sock matching party night, isn't that great! Now, this was no ordinary pile of socks, this mismatched sock pile moved here with us and kept growing...yikes. I thought it might provide a great game for Sam and I to play matching socks. First we seperated into light and dark, then by size. Even Joe ended up with some socks from the deal, they were in there so long that Sam outgrew them. We played keep away from Joe and he traveled around the entire bed, he thought it was a game, too.
Since my boys are getting up at the crack of dawn, we had this and some laundry done by 9 am. We took grandma and met daddy for lunch, ordered a new front door, came back to Grandma's and she made us some new curtains and an apron for mama. It is 4pm, the boys are back home and taking a nap. We are going to Morgan's cheerleading game tonight at 7pm while daddy go to praise group practice for the drums.
Mama works tomorrow, but is gearing up for a fun weekend. Saturday morning is a women's retreat with friend Melissa - really looking forward to this!

Sam and the Mountain O' Socks

Playing keep away from Joe

Mama's sock drawer, uuhhh I love it. And now, no one needs socks in the house, we have plenty..


So that brings me to the question. How do you fold your socks?
I honestly never knew there was more than one way. I grew up folding the top of one over the other and making a ball of sorts. My husband pairs the two together and knots them??? Others just fold them together...what's your style?