11.23.2008

Prayers and Getaways

Peggy is off the ventilator! The prayers were successful. Dan and I had planned a one night get-a-way for Friday night. We had thought about going to Brown Co., staying at Columbus, then shopping at the outlets in Edinburgh on Saturday. We left the boys with Blake afterschool, then Grandma and Grandpa picked them up for the night. We decided it was too cold for Brown Co, so we drove up to Methodist to visit Peggy instead. As soon as we got into ICU, my aunt Polly called our names. She was staying the night up there with Peggy. I was so glad we went. We went in to see Peg and she looked and responded better than I expected. She knew who I was and kept motioning to the tube. Polly told her the doctor hadn't been in yet today...so she didn't know. The nurse said it looked favorable for removal b/c they had it on the lowest setting possible. We let Peggy rest, visited with Polly for awhile, then headed to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. We woke up Sat and had the hotel breakfast (it was pretty yummy) and went to the outlet at Edinburgh. On the way we called to talk to the boys and found out that neither was feeling great. Joe had the flu bug and kept grandma up all night. We stayed to shop awhile, then headed home. When we got home last night, I realized that Sam has impetigo. We had a great night away...last night went good with the boys, too. I am home from church with them this morning, but I think they are both better. I called my brother Will, who went to see Peg yesterday and he said she was off the vent, sitting up in bed, chatting away...praise the Lord for answered prayer. Now let's get her recovered and home sweet home!