1.03.2009

My Three Year Old

Cristian Celestino S.A. - age 2 days - Dec 2005

Samuel George Cristian - age 1 year - Dec 2006

Sam - 2 years old - Dec 2007

Sam - 3 years old - Dec 2008

Right back at you, my sweet three year old.


I am so proud of my three year old. I am so proud to have a three year old. There isn't a day that goes by that I take my children for granted, and I am so glad to celebrate another milestone with them! I remember Christmas 2005 when we were waiting for the promising news of our 1st son. We prayed, waited and trusted...and we were rewarded with our son Samuel. Three years have passed in a flash and I am amazed daily at the child Sam is becoming. I worried that having another child would take attention from Sam, but it isn't so - it has shown me another way to love and appreciate his personality. This past month he has called Joe his brother, often suggested I make Joe a drink, tells me if he is upset, and comforted him when he is sad. He has embraced his role as a big brother. Conversations are becoming so fun, the other evening he came out of bed to tell me his knee hurt. I kissed it and told him to get back into bed at which time he said his 'feeling' hurt. I wish for you, Sam, that your feelings are never hurt. But, when they are, I will make it better. I love being your mama, I am so blessed by you, my three year old son.

Thank you God for trusting me to raise and love with all my heart this precious child of yours. It is with your help and guidance that his third birthday is such a celebration. Amen.