1.11.2009

DH's bacon

DH did a normal thing for us folks that grew up on a farm. He helped butcher a pig at their farm yesterday. I have been many times to help, but wasn't too sad that the boys couldn't be out in the weather. I will spare you the pics, but DH was so proud to say that he had brought home the bacon, literally. And it made for an unplanned evening of fun.
We had breakfast for supper and the boys ate like hogs (hee, hee). Sam was proud to bring the waffles to the table (no, not home grown...just Eggo)

DH aka Daddy cooking real eggs from real chickens (this saying goes back to my college days when my roomie came to visit and was excited by this thought), sausage and bacon. The bacon wasn't my favorite as it was uncured, tasted more like strips of pork...bring on the cured stuff for me. We are blessed to have such yummy and unprocessed food for our family. Don't plan on checking our cholesterol this week though...

The boys enjoyed coloring while DH cooked supper


We ate then played with this cool puzzle that is 6 feet long with tons of animals. Thanks Christine for letting us play with it.

Joe is feeling better and since we have been under practical quarantine at home is figuring out some of his toys. I feel like I have replaced enough batteries to fuel a power plant. He loves this ride on toy. It was a gift for Sam a few years ago from Brent and Melissa.

How come I can't ride on this one, mama?

And the kicker for the evening...DH replaced some lightbulbs, much needed. We even stayed up late, I think because it was so light in our house..hee,hee.