1.08.2009

More News on Joe

Well, little ones can go from bad to better to bad in a matter of hours. Last night we decided that Joe needed to be seen again. This time I paged our pediatrician, a partner was on call so we took Joe down to be seen at 8pm last night. Long story short he has RSV. Yep, we tested for this Sunday night, but it was negative. The hospital was full, so Dr. K sent us back home. She gave us an arsneal of info and we called with a follow up this morning. The hardest part is that we are doing so little for him. No breathing treatments, no steroids, no antihistamine...just fluids, and a whole lotta love. This little man is strong enough to fight this off, I am sure...I am just used to leaning on meds as a crutch. A lot of feelings are running through my mind, foremost is irresponsibility. In a way, I feel like I failed Joe. How could I let him get so sick? But, last night he rested OK (between the coughing)and this morning after his bath he is perky as ever. I will just give him 14 baths today if needed to keep him going...

Before our bath...

And after...a little warm steamy water always makes things better.