4.22.2011

Silk Dye Job

When we saw this egg dying idea over at
and we knew we had to give it a whirl.
Like much that I do, I didn't read any instructions
before I started.  Then after the fact I learned how to make
it better next time, but this time was really fun anyway!


A pal picked up these ties at the second hand store for me this week.
They were perfect.  Loved all the colors!


And no one can say these eggs aren't stylin'


We cut them up (gasp) into pieces to wrap and cover the eggs
secured with rubber bands


Did i mention these are raw eggs?
Yep, 10 little fingers all over the raw eggs-no breaks so that was success.
And then we boiled them.
We were a little disappointed that a few didn't work
after i took time to look it up...i realized that we needed 100% silk.
We raided our closet for DH's old ties or my old sashes.
Found a couple and boiled them again!


Love love loving the results.  They are G_O_R_G_E_O_U_S


In a mama sort of way, Sam doesn't think they are very pretty at all.


And what to do with all these eggs?
Egg salad of course.  I made it at 9:30 this morning
and was craving it till lunch!
{i skipped breakfast and thought about digging into it early,
but anything with mayo before noon seemed wrong!}