12.26.2014

11.12.14

11.12.14
A little after 10am I became concerned about the number of sirens
I was hearing...
I thought I looked foggy out the front window of the store
but not out the drive thru window.
I headed out and immediately saw the smoke, and then shortly after 
the flames jumping in the air high above the Englert's building
and I knew it was a bad fire.
I text Will and Blake and Dan.
Facebook and customers were our source of info as the day played on. 
The fire raged until after dark and left the whole town smelling like smoke
and our vehicles were covered in soot.
They warned the kids at school about the fire so Sam and Joe had many questions.
They were sad, but we highlighted that no one was harmed!


Part of our historic downtown was engulfed in flames.
It made me sad because you cannot recreate this, but no one was harmed.
5 businesses were destroyed, Lauries, Rosies, His and Hers hair, Cartridge Depot and a Law Office.
But then there were the stories of our firefighters (and other surrounding departments) leaving paid jobs to come fight the fire.  They saved both business of either end of the block.
I am anxious and hopeful that once the rubble is cleared our historic town can rebuild.
It made national news (Wall Street Journal).  
 And just a short month later our town did erect a new sign for our schools.
It is a super nice sign, much needed for visitors!

Pin It