6.08.2018

We Could Have Missed This || Around Home


By Wednesday of being home, the farm was calling 
so DH went back to work and the boys and I enjoyed a couple days Around Home.

It was the start of the parade of summer camps!
Tennis for Sam was up first at 8am.
And then the 840am (got all the weeds pulled just in time) call
to return to pick up due to a rain shower.  Apparently it was raining in town
 and not at our house.


Sam had Junior Youth snacks that night so we made his family famous chocolate chip cookies
and chex mix.  He needs help from mom less and less.  


Joe decided he wanted to scrapbook.  Music to this crafy
once addicted to paper scrapbooking mama!  
We found this gem of DH.  Check out those stirrups and baby blue pants!



We had the most enjoyable morning getting out my ol' scrap booking stuff
and then watching Joe decide on his favorite items to go with each picture.
It was so good for my soul. 
 I have not scrapbooked since Sam had just come home.
It was a very important hobby for me while we waiting to become parents thru infertility and adoption. I've since moved to blogging and online scrapbooks but I hadn't let my paper supplies go.
I've used them for projects here and there.  But letting Joe dig in an use every single item
that I was for some reason saving for the perfect time.
Saying yes, use that book and that marker and that sticker felt right! 



And his first creation - all the feels!
Precious.

 The afternoon was full of lego men.
Yes, they still 'play' occasionally,
and we have learned that when we hear this creative play
in the room next door, we let them be. 
I love to eavesdrop and hear their imagination.
I love how one knows what the other means even though their only toy is the lego man.  
Some sort of secret understanding that only comes from hours of play together.
More of all the feels!


The next day we 
we stopped to register for the summer reading program.
We have the best library.



And mama was mowing like a mad woman because the 
forecast was looking grim.  I had all the edge areas done 
and had opened it up for Sam to mow the open areas.
Joe came out to show me his small scrapbook his had completed.



And those storms from the gulf had found their way to Indiana.
Joe was watching the forecast from inside, Sam had finished up and was inside
and I was outside blowing and sweeping grass off the porches and sidewalks.
He yelled out that their was a tornado warning and he was certain as he looked my direction that 
it was over the shed where I was.
It was precious.  And he was right!
I had time to run in and we all ran downstairs in time for it to go over head.

 We lost more trees.  Eeks.
Several down in our neighborhood.
I

We discovered Joe's last Tinker Crate in the mail - it was the best gift!
We did a 6 month subscription for Christmas.
This was my favorite...
an art spinner!




And if you don't think our weather is crazy - here's proof.
We were back in the pool with sunshine overhead by 4!