2.12.2010

2&1/2

Joseph,
My little man, you are 2 and one-half already. 
 Somedays you seem even older because you are so independent.
Like yesterday when you went to your toy room got your favorite tool chest, used it as a step stool, reached high onto the counter for a cup, moved the step stool to the fridge and got your own drink.
  Don't you need me, babe?
Your play is very creative. I love to come into a room and see what you have created.  The best part is you are so willing to help mama clean up when the time comes.

You have a sense of humor.
You sense when others are looking for a reaction and entertain us with your facial expressions.
This is your smile when we say cheese.
You are really into puzzles.

You call your puzzles.  Puzzle pieces.  You will correct us if we call them puzzles.

You insist on dressing yourself.
You are always ready for your next set of clothes.  Out of jammies first thing in the morning.
You are particular, and often mama  does not get her way.  In fact, as mama created this post you came to me to tell me the tag in your sweatshirt was offending you at it needed to come off.  You came back with one of your favorite tshirts.
You are small but mighty.
Like the time you moved the stroller that your 12yo cousin Cole was sitting in.
He was surprised.
You are a helper and your heart is always in it.

You love to set the dining room table for supper.
You are full of love and love to share it.

You bestow kisses on anyone who will receive them.  And while you are so independent you still love to be held and cuddled.  You do not resist being picked up, and I love that.
You are all mine.

Lent to me from the Lord.
 I will do my best for you Joseph, my best.
You complete our family.
You give us the challenges
that every parent needs to test their limits.
You keep your daddy moving
make your mama's heart swell
and
challenge your brother to do very well.
You are loved.