2.24.2010

$1 Crafts

I love crafts.
Especially the inexpensive ones for kids.
Michaels has a great $1 wood section right now for kids (and adults, too).
Like these frames.  I saw them at the store and loved them.  The shape, the size, modge podge, scrapbook paper, embelishments...ah the possibilities.
I had a special vision for them, and then I got some help from 2 boys.
They wanted to use finger paint (uugghhh, it would look messy I thought) but then
good mama came back to Earth and decided that they would go in their bedroom...
so finger paint them we did.
I love the look, kinda distressed without the work!! 
{But since the paint is washable, maybe we shouldn't get them wet}

And then there are these treasure boxes.
Blue by Joe and Orange by Sam.


And these wood crafts came with their own markers.  Grandma gave them to the boys for Vtines day.
I think we got our dollars' worth, what do you think?
I have been so impressed by Sam's {Joe had help with the horse} coloring and writing skills lately.
More on that later!