2.21.2010

Beth Moore: Week One

This book is really growing on me! 
Our assignments for week one felt as though they were directed at me, and I am certain that I was not the only one.  There are thousands of readers following along on her blog and posting their thoughts and comments.  Our first assigment for reading this book was too right a note on the inside cover of the book (in prayer form, if we know Jesus) as to our intentions with this book.  I was honest of course stating that while I don't think I am riddled with insecurity like some, there is room for improvment in everyone. 
My real reason for joining this study? 
As selfish as it sounds, for some me time, devoted to self...seeking what God has to reveal to me. 
So I jumped right in, it is an easy read, very real and candid.  One of the thoughts that the author reveals is that if we know Jesus Christ Personally that he has chosen us, and appointed us to accomplish somehting good....Perhaps we entertain the idea that we know ourself better that God and he couldn't possibly mean us...I mean we're not qualified, right? 
Seriously, haven't we all been there!
And the other thought was a sort of laundry list of items that you would answer yes or no.
I had a lot of no's but felt the items in my yes column were big rocks(Franklin Covey)...
Last week, I asked for prayer for a situation I was facing and this situation has passed. 
I read an excerpt from this book and it was perfect and helped me thru that situation
as well as your prayers, thank you.
I  think this study was placed here so I could hear God's support for me as I faced that.
Does it hurt my feelings when I learn that someone doesn't like me? 
Yes, breaks my heart and I can't get over it. 
But I dread the backlash of people more than God.  Why?  He is more merciful (thank goodness!)
and
for
the
kicker...
In your pursuit of God-vested security,
 the only relationships in your life that will suffer
rather than improve are the significantly unhealthy ones.
-Beth Moore
I was reminded as I read this statement that these relationships are most likely built upon worldy things and desires.  Relationships of the heart will last becausethey are not built upon satisfactions of the world.

So, my thoughts were all over the place, I guess that is how my measley (I had to remind myself I am reading a book on insecurity) mind works! But I really like this book ,will post more as the study continues!