2.15.2010

Missing Guato.

I took this snapshot this morning.
I couldn't resist.
Guato (yellow) and Mala (gray) were so warm and loving on each other.
But, let's be honest.  In the rush of the morning routine, getting myself and 2 young boys up, dressed, fed breakfast and thenout the door is about enough... photos don't generally happen. 
This morning I was going to unload the dishwasher with that sweet 2 extra minutes I had, but God put that picture of the kitties in my mind and so I grabbed the camera to take this sweet photo instead.
And tonight, am I so glad I did.

It was a blustry winter day and the kitties were seeking warmth, I am certain.
When we returned home from DH picking me up from work, we saw Guato.
I gulped and DH felt so bad.  I tried not to cry so DH didn't feel worse and the boys didn't worry.
  We think he had been in the truck engine.
Thoughts ran thru our head, wasn't he past this stage (I have lost little kitties to this). 
 Dan has seen Mala run from the truck as he got in, but did not see Guato. 
I have a lump in my throat.
The boys don't know.
Mala does, he has been giving me sad eyes all night.
How will we tell the boys?  Any thoughts?

If we treated everyone we meet
with the same affection we bestow upon our favorite cat,
they, too, would purr