2.02.2010

The Station

The thief come only in order to steal and kill and destroy.  I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).  John 10:10

{These are not my original thoughts, but I am so glad they have been planted in my head}

excerpt from Joyce Meyer book:
I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing as tragic as being alive and not enjoying life.
Desiring and seeking are words we often use in study,
both indicate that we cannot stay where we are.  We must move on! 
 However this is precisely the point at which multitudes of us lose our enjoyment in life.
We must learn to seek the next phase in our journey without despising or belittling the one in which we currently find ourselves.

So with that...here is one of my favs of hers:
"I'm not where I need to be, but thank God,
I'm not where I used to be.  I'm okay, and I'm on my way!"

and this is the part of the book that really had me hooked, wanting to take in all I could...

The Station
Tucked away in our subconscious is an idyllic vision.  We see ourselves on a long trip that spans the continent.  We are traveling by train.  Out the windows we see children waving at the crossing, cattle grazing.....but uppermost in our mids is the final desination. 
Bands will be playing and flags waving. 
Once we get there our dreams will come true,
and pieces of our lives will fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.
How restlessly we pace the aisles ....waiting, waiting for the station.
When I'm 18
When I get married
When I work part time or not at all, or go back to work
When the mortgage is paid off
etc, etc...

Sooner or later we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all.  The true joy in life is the trip {emphasis mine}.  The station is only a dream.  It constantly outdistances us.

This is the day which the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24