2.01.2010

I have been slowly reading a book by Joyce Meyer
ENJOYING where you are on the way to where you are going.
The title alone says it all!
Does that ring true for anyone else?  I hope I am not the only guilty one.
It seems that we often say....when I reach this next best stage {potty trained, etc}
things will magically be 'better'.
And although I think this is somewhat normal, shame on me.
I waited a long time for this stage, how could I want it to rush on?
I am so glad I bought this book months ago,
it has shaped how I approach time with my kids/family ever since.
I mentioned that I am slowly reading this.  I struggle with finishing a book
that is not a quick read.  And this is one of those.
It has bibical references that I want to take in.
It is meant to be read in parts and absorbed. 
So I am doing my best inbetween these sweet boys, DH, church, family, work and friends to really live the concepts in this book to do my best for those things just mentioned.

Stay tuned for a couple of my favorite excerpts from her book.
Time to relish that morning rush of getting boys ready and out the door!

A dear friend of mine is on my mind this morning.  I want Rachel to know, cause I think she stops by here from time to time - that I think she is swell.  I am so glad we became friends.