6.18.2012

St. Louis: The City Museum

Going to St. Louis is a special place for both DH and I.
This is where both of our families went most summers for vacation.
We remember seeing the Arch and the Cardinals.
My dad loved the Cardinals and Six Flags (oh, wait it was probably us kids that liked Six Flags)
One of  my favorite parts is seeing the Arch from East St. Louis for miles before the city.
This is the first trip the boys remember and they thought it was cool too!

We ventured to a new place this trip:  The City Museum.
Oh my.  I will be a must on our list in the future!
It is not a museum at all, it is an adventure place 
full of places to climb and explore.



We had so much fun as a family.

We climbed into the giant ball pit and the fun began!






As I laid and played in the balls with the boys I thought
look at those crazy people crawling in those tunnels overhead.
They are high above the ground and made of wire...crazy people!
I think I'll play it safe...



We faced fears of steep slides and climbed in suspended firetrucks and airplanes



We traversed tunnels high above the street below


We ran to explore airplanes and take a ride



We fit into spaces that were small and steep, I took this picture from the top after we climbed up!


And then we did the unthinkable, that tunnel I had just
swore I would not enter, Sam maneuvered it like a pro
and then I inched my way thru!
DH was so excited for me that he took a pic with his cell phone!


We headed inside because we were drenched in sweat and in need of a break.
We grabbed some lunch and then set out to explore inside.
We enjoyed a quick magic show and explore the indoor caves.
Those spaces were way smaller and darker than I was willing to maneuver!




And although blurry, my grand finally was this roller slide!


Wow, what an adventure!  It was sometimes tough for mom and dad to keep up with the boys
but we did our best and enjoyed it so much!
There were 2 areas that we didn't even pay to explore, the roof and the aquarium.  Maybe next visit!