8.12.2012

Twas the Night Before First Grade

It twas the night before first grade.
Supply list was checked twice
bellies were full
ice cream treat for extra measure
baths were done
so a book was in order.
Sam read us most (wink, it is long)
of One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...
Joe recited to useThat's not my Lion
and they requested that mom read
I'll Love You Forever (tear jerker)
and off to bed they went.

I remember the anxious anticipation I felt last year,
 this year it is hopeful anticipation.
I am so excited for all Sam will learn this year,
 new friends he will make,
I hope he will gain confidence
and extend that charming smile of his.

I spent some time reminding him that God is always by his side.
Love him.

Gonna soak up a few more weeks with Joey D before he heads off to preschool!