12.28.2018

Away on that Bus


It was December before my young guy had his first away game (we missed one for robotics)
and I happened to follow the bus out of town, and it struck me that he was headed away from
me on the first of many (I hope) bus rides to sporting events!

I enjoy following them and spending my evenings encouraging them.
  I actually thrive on finding a way to balance
work and all of our schedules to be at each and every event that is possible!

We happened to travel to Springs Valley and watched these boys
play their heart out...and go SO CLOSE to a victory.
They are improving with every game.  It is so easy to see how
much better they are then the beginning of the season!





The only thing was that Joe as really into this game and fouled out before the last quarter, so we started calling him 7 minute Joe.  He took it pretty good and has enjoyed the razzing.


Joe scored 3 buckets *one was a buzzer beater at the 2nd quarter and made some free throws to score 10!

He is also developing a real respect for his coach and that is special to me since he was a friend of
my parents.  He has been the best coach for these boys this year.  He believes in them!