10.03.2008

Conversations with Sam



I hope to never forget this stage with Sam. Along with the strong willed refusals to listen comes him forming his own mind about things. We have some very fun conversations!

The other night on the way home from youth group bible study (daddy stayed home to work on our yardage)we were discussing the drumsticks we had for snack.
Sam: I love ice cream.
Mama: I love daddy.
Sam: No cones for daddy
Mama: Sorry about it!!!
We laughed out loud and promptly repeated this for daddy when we got home.

We point out every bus and water fountain that we see.
Sam: Look it, ma...wellow bus! the same but ...It's a water mountain!
Along with this we also notice every short bus. Of course we have named them Bertie (from Thomas and Friends) and he loves to see them!

Mama: Passes Sam with a basket of clothes
Sam: Zou clean my laundry?
Mama: Yes, I will clean your laundry.
Sam: Thanks

This morning was so much fun. We sat down to have breakfast and Sam was excited because he had a treat for breakfast. On Wednesday at work the girls were soooo sweet and generous and surprised me with cupcakes and a Vera Bradley diaper bag - woo hoo, that what I have to say about that. I will sport it for you later! So, today Sam had a cupcake and his milk in a mug like mama's coffee. We were enjoying breakfast and he says Hmmmmm, wonder where red is? I had to think for a minute. Last Saturday we took our youth group to Olive Garden and we had an hour wait in a crowded waiting area. In a moment of despiration, I tried Riddley,riddley ree... with him and he loved it! So, I get it, he wants to play again.

Mama: Riddley, Riddley, Ree, I see something you don't see and the color is ORANGE.
(I am thinking the plate across the way, but spots a letter that is ORANGE, at this stage he always wins)
Sam: Letter and points
Mama: Right, woo hoo(for Kia)!
Sam: Zes, High five, ma.

Mama: Repeats above
Sam: Hmmmm, lets see, uummmm, full well knowing that I am talking about the Yellow bannanas.

Uuuuuuugggghhhh, I love this stage I cannot get enough.