10.18.2008

Grandpa Great's

Joe - October 2008 - Age 14 months

Sam - October 2006 - Age 9 months

Joe and Sam - October 2008 - Blessings by Grandpa Great's Pump

Some would say Great-Grandpa's house (me before Dan), but some how Grandpa-Greats sounds just right. We stopped by here today and had left-overs for lunch. They were yummy (thanks Aunt Judy). Everything is better at Grandpa Great's. The cold pop out of the porch fridge, the chips that are always on the counter, food from grandma's old dishes, tea from their mugs, the Times-Herald and even farm magazines are fun to read. We got the high chair out of Grandpa's closet and Joe loved his first visit to Grandpa-Great's house. I snapped a few pics in front of the well and remembered I had some of Sam in the very same spot.
The only thing that would have made the visit a little sweeter would have been Grandma Great. Days like today I miss her so much my heart aches. Grandma great was just that-plain great. Always glad to see you, always had time to chat, make a bite to eat. She would greet us at the porch door saying, "Come in, come in, come in..."
I can only hope to hear her say that when I make it to heaven one day.