1.28.2010

Wednesday nights



Wednesday nights, we head to church to spend our time with the youth group for bible study. 
We really enjoy these nights, exploring the Word with the youth,
but it had become harder to include the boys. 
Enter Discovery Club for Sam! 
This is a club for kids while their parents are in small groups...
He loves it and last night I snuck out of youth to see for myself!
I snuck up on him and saw him painting these...

We are the proud owner of the yellow/green/orange fish at the bottom of the screen.
Don't you think it will look nice in my window above the sink?
They are learning the 10 Commandments.
As we did devotions, this was Sam's new answers for the questions we asked...
because the commands, mama.
I am so happy to raise my children to know the Lord. 
To have the opportunity to learn what the Bible commands from an early age. 
Fun nights like this help them to remain interested for life.

And this sweetie, just couldn't stop smiling at me! 
I remember celebrating her birth with her parents just 2 short weeks after we recieved Sam's referral.
It has been fun sharing our milestones for our children together. 
It is funny how God places new people in our life as we move thru different stages.
Happy almost 4th birthday sweetie!

One obstacle that we face when planning for youth group is coordinating the schedules of the kids involved.  It would seem eaisier to all attend the same school, they say.  I am quick to remind them that it is good to know kids from all local schools, private school and home school.  As I grew up, my friend base was mainly from my school and that I also attended church with.  This picture is a group of kids, ranging in ages that will likely attend different schools, but all raised to know the Lord.