1.08.2010

My Christmas Day Baby...

Oh, Samuel George Cristian
my Christmas Day Baby.
Today you turn four, 4, not 1 or 2 or 3 but FOUR.




You are special.
We knew it while we prayed for your arrival.
Our Christmas in 2005 was so filled with hope
we knew that soon we would hear who God had chosen as our son.
On January 11, 2006, our prayers were answered, we knew your name, we saw your face.
God had heard my prayer that I would know what I was doing the day my baby was born.
Could your birthdate have been anymore special?
Oh, he won't like that, as he gets older, we heard people say.
But we knew, you our chosen child, that this date was perfect.
How special that you would share your birthday with the date we used to celebrate our Savior's Birth.
This year, you understood that Baby Jesus shared this day with you.
And while your birthdate was clouded by Christmas celebrations
and and long trip in the van to Florida.
Please know my baby boy that mama knew.
And Grandma knew, she made you a very special birthday cookie!

Happy 4th birthday Samuel George Cristian.