9.16.2012

A beautiful haircut...


I found these on the counter when I got home from work yesterday
(along with a picked up house, thanks DH)...

They really are beautiful, all of them.
The conversation went like this...

Mama:  Sam are these from you?
(knowing full well that they are since he is my thoughtful flower giving boy)
Sam:  Yes mom, I gave your flower a hair cut.
Mama: Snicker, yes I guess you did!

I love that he cuts my flowers, but most of all I love that he cuts all of them.
This flower bloomed long ago and quite honestly I was already overlooking its beauty.
Some of the flowers are dying off (see back left)
 and I certainly don't see the beauty in a dandelion like he does, 
so thankful that this boy sees the beauty in all things.

Never lose an opportunity for seeing anything that is beautiful;
For beauty is God's handwriting--a wayside sacrament.
 Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower,  
And thank God for it as a cup of His blessing. 

- Ralph Waldo Emerson