7.26.2014

Celebrating Family!

Today, we would have celebrated our dad's birthday.
He would have been 70 years old.
It is hard for me to get my mind around that.
He has also been gone for almost 30 years.
I have two great representations of him though.
Look at these guys, I am so proud of them.
They are both fair, hardworking, loyal, family loving men
and remind me of who my dad (and mom) were and the values they taught us.

I bet my parents could not have imagined what their family would look like,
How they would have gained 2 daughters and a son
and then 3 granddaughters and 4 grandsons.
How we would still be doing life together.
How these cousins would love each other like siblings.
How above all others, family is our priority.

We spent the day at the Little League field watching two of the grandsons play
All-star baseball. I am certain that dad would have been right there soaking it all in,
it was certainly a place that he loved to be!

Pin It