9.29.2007

Posted on Yahoo Aug 30

I trust that God has a plan for our family. I really do. I was not as good about fully trusting his plan while we waited for Sam. I knew in my heart that Sam would come home at the right time, I did question his timing a lot though. In the end, here were the dates that are forever etched in my mind and I know that it was all God's timing.
December 25, 2005 - Sam's birthday - I had a burning desire to know what we were doing when Sam was born - God chose this date for our baby to be born, pretty sure I can recall what was going on this day!
Aug 16, 2006 - Day we held Sam in our arms forever(pick up trip) - also our friend MonteLee's bday
Aug 18, 2006 - Sam's embassy day - The day my grandfather passed away
Aug 24, 2006 - Arrival to our home in the US - The day of my mom's passing 9 year earlier.
So, it goes to reason that I would be really good at trusting God's timing. Today I am wavering a little. We sent our final dossier off to the Guatemalan Consulate in Chicago on August6, 07. We had our fingerprint appt on Aug 16 - I began to wonder where I dossier was, but knew we had to wait on our fingerprint clearance. Low and behold, I fingerprint clearance came in record time -4 days! But no dossier, I began tracing our missing dossier last Wed. One week and a day later, I know that it is logged in the USPS system, but is undeliverable as addressed. Fine, return it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We cannot seem to get it back. Our local postmaster is on the case, but I really need this paperwork to be approved. By all rights, we should be on the waiting list for baby 2.
I had my heart set on a referral for Sept - doesn't look like that is going to happen. This is a disappointment, I do though trust and with the constant reminder of my husband that God is hand selecting our child.
This leads me to consider all that is occurring in Guatemala. I pray feverishly for our unborn or soon to be born child. For his health and protection. I pray for his birth mother, that she may find an inner peace and know that she is making the right decision. I hope she cares for herself well and seeks the support of her family. I pray that our little boy is placed in a wonderful loving foster home, just like Sam's.
I remember praying for these things for Sam, but I don't remember the urgency. I think because now that Sam is home, I know what it is to be a mom. To worry or celebrate every move he makes every new discovery and to know how important good beginnings really are for a child.
I pray that God is selecting the right little man to be our son and Sam's brother, and I trust fully that he is. I also trust that he will get that paper work mailed back to us, so we can move forward!