9.29.2007

Posted to Yahoo - Sept 26

4am - not sleeping. Had a lot of that lately, but tonight for a good reason! Sam is feeling a little better. I got a smile from him tonight. I had a short time in between work and my local service sorority meeting, Tri Kappa. I sat on the floor beside his favorite chair and read to him. He loves the "That's not my...Lion, Truck, Tractor, etc." series of books from Usborne. Anyway we got the the scratch paws part and he smirked. Breakthrough, I am used to getting those smiles (usually laughs out loud) anytime and anywhere.
To regress, we ended up going down the pediatrician's office on Sunday evening to get some IV fluids. Our pediatrician is awesome, to save us all the hassle (time and $) of the ER visit, he started an IV in his office with mom and dad as nurses! We were in and out with 1hr 15min. Needless to say, I thought Monday AM we would wake up with our new little man. Not so much, he was still very lethargic and ate very little on Monday. He screamed when he tried to walk and his diarrhea was not any better! Good news though, when dad came home to tag team with mom, he was feeling a little better. I went to work from 4p-9p (usually my Mondays are 8a-9p). Tues am, he was good enough to try the babysitter again. We took him and he did well all day. Kendra said he didn't get into much trouble, he laid on the couch and watched videos all day. At one point, he went into the toy room to play and she hadn't heard much, so she went to check on him and he was laying on the floor, eyes open, just resting. That is not my child. He goes until we force him to take a nap! I almost cried when she told me that, but she said he was doing well. This has been a pretty bad stomach virus. I kept tell those little virus boogers to leave my son alone.
Big prayers that Sam is on the mend....