9.29.2007

Posted to Yahoo on Sept 6

So today I am not overly fond our our postal system. I called today to find out as much as I could on our adoption documents. I called the USPS help desk and spoke to a representative that told me that there wasn't much I could do, until I asked to speak to a manager, etc. At first she refused, but come on - the first person that answers the phone can't be the top dog, right?
She said that the documents were marked undeliverable on Aug 23 and it could be a month for them to return - I told her that was unacceptable! Well, it is? Where does it go - on someone's desk? I mean just send it back - it is not valuable to anyone but me at this point. However it is disconcering because it has a lot of private info, etc. Anyway by the end of the conversation she had filed a complaint with consumer affairs - should get a call from them today or tomorrow. I also tried to call Chicago Post Office where it is supposedly located and no one answered - I call 4 different numbers. Oh by the way - she verfied the address that I put on the package- it was correct! No headway here...
On the homefront, I met with the custom cabinet guy today- he is working up a quote for us. The quote from the contractor should be here tomorrow as well. I priced appliances from a local dealer, too. I brought home some boxes from work , but they are still empty! LOL.